This site is a companion to the National Youth Science Camp 50th Anniversary Reunion in Snowshoe, West Virginia. To maintain the integrity of this site, you must register in order to post material. Also, many pages are password protected to insure adequate privacy. For more information or support, please send E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only one more day!
Announcements for Saturday:
- The Annual Meeting is 9-10am in Mountain Lodge, Ballroom A. All Alumni are encouraged to attend! Hot breakfast will be available from 8:30-9:30 as an enticement :-)
- For family and friends, grab and go breakfast snacks will be available in the hospitality suite in the morning (Allegheny Springs 144)
- Buses to Camp Pocahontas will leave from the Village, near The Depot, immediately after the meeting around 10am
- Don’t forget, the Store at Camp Pocahontas will be open from about 11 AM to 2:30 PM to purchase NYSC souvenirs. Credit cards are accepted.
- For those who need to drive separately, see directions below
- Our dinner celebration will start at 7:30pm
- If you ordered a shirt and have not picked it up yet please visit room 144 to do so
- If you need to make a payment, we should be set up to accept credit cards in 144 tomorrow from 5-6pm or Sunday 8-11am. Sorry for the delay!
See you tomorrow!
Directions to Camp Pocahontas from Snowshoe
View Larger Map and See Text Directions
By popular demand, we have made the NYSC 50th Anniversary Shirt available for order through the NYSC Camp Store. Click here to order. If there are other items (hats, totes, etc.) that you would like to have available with the NYSC 50th Anniversary logo, please suggest them by E-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks to everyone for being flexible on July 4 – we hope those who were able to join at Cass and NRAO had a great time.
Several announcements for Friday:
- The buses for Nelson Rocks leave at 7:30am near The Depot (same spot as Thursday)
- The hospitality suite will be open by 7am
- Feel free to stop by and make yourself a PB&J sandwich and pick up a snack for your day trip (lunch will also be available for purchase at Nelson Rocks)
- Breakfast snacks are available for all
- If you have not already signed up for Nelson Rocks, there are still plenty of spots on the bus to go hiking (free) and a few spots available for Via Ferrata ($86) or the Canopy Tour ($76) – talk to Marjorie in the morning for details
- Another group is meeting around 9am in the suite to look for a hike around the Snowshoe area
- Alumni seminars are 4:00-6:15pm tomorrow. The schedule is attached (Alumni Seminar Schedule) and posted in the suite. If you are scheduled to give a seminar and do not have your materials ready, please let me know
- Rhododendron Record attached :-)
Persistent rain suggested that Plan B should be implemented. Today’s picnic was moved to the Cass Scenic Railroad State Park.
A few logistical items since people have been arriving throughout the day:
- The Hospitality Suite is in Allegheny Springs Room 144. If you haven’t stopped by to pick up a nametag and schedule, please do!
- Some snacks will be available in the Hospitality Suite in the mornings and in the evenings after our events.
- Buses for Camp Allegheny and NRAO will leave at 9:30am tomorrow from the North end of the Village, near Brigham Center.
- If the weather is too foul, we may be headed to an alternate site – we are still working on details, please check in with the group before the buses leave at 9:30 if you plan on driving separately to make sure you’re driving to the right place!
- Please bring rain gear and a bottle of water for the trip.
- If you would like to go up in the Green Bank Telescope at NRAO (age 16+), closed-toe shoes are required, no skirts, and no digital cameras
We look forward to welcoming everyone in person!
Josh on behalf of the NYSC Alumni Association
For everyone traveling to Snowshoe today, please travel safely. Here is some key information:
Send E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYSC 50th Anniversary — (304) 586-6294
- Josh Peters (LA 1999 – NYSCAA President) — (216) 262-8692
- Andy Blackwood (NYSF) — (304) 552-1171
Check-in time is 5:00 PM
Mountaintop Check-In: Open 24 hours a day – Check-in for ALL accommodations.
Located in the Top of the World complex in the South Mountain area, Mountaintop Check-In is our most active check-in location. Open 24 hours a day, year round there will always be someone here to help!
Suggested for guests coming to the mountain via Rt. 66 West.
The Inn at Snowshoe – Check-in for ALL accommodations.
The Inn at Snowshoe is located on Rt. 66 at the base of the mountain.
Suggested for guests coming to the mountain via Rt. 66 East or Rt. 219.
Allegheny Springs – Check-in for Allegheny Springs Guests
Allegheny Springs, located in the Village, offers a third check-in location. There is no parking and a limited unloading area, so we suggest only Allegheny Springs guests use this check-in location.
Hours are limited, so we suggest calling ahead if you have a very late or very early arrival time.
Village accommodations offer key-card access to the general parking lot in front of Rimfire Lodge. Expedition Station also has a small key-card lot just outside the building.
- Rimfire & Seneca: Limited underground parking. Please ask a reservation specialist for more details.
- Allegheny Springs: Valet parking or key card access to the general parking lot in front of Rimfire Lodge.
- Soaring Eagle Lodge: Garage parking.
- Silver Creek: Lot available for Silver Creek lodging guests only. Limited public parking is also available with free shuttle access to The Village and Top of the World.
- Condo neighborhoods: parking for lodging guests only.